Resident Visitation Schedule:
Visitation will be hosted each week on Saturday and Sunday. Residents are granted 30 minutes to 1 hour of visitation based upon their living unit residency.
Please refer to the following schedule.
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Delta & Echo Living Unit
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm Fox & Golf Living Units
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm North & South Living Units
- 7:30 pm – 8:00 pm Orientation Living Unit
Each living unit has a specific visitation schedule, shown above, so we encourage all approved visitors to reach out to the Center in advance if unsure about their specific day or time.
Approved visitors include Parents, Step-Parents, Legal Guardians, and Grandparents. Picture identification is required for entry.
Special visitations are only permissible when approved in advance by the Director of Operations.
Consent to Search and Contraband:
By entering the premises, all guests are consenting to a general search. Those in possession of restricted items will be denied entry until all contraband has been secured within their personal vehicles. Vehicle keys/fobs and IDs may be left with the visitation check-in desk.
Restricted items include, but are not limited to the following:
- Electronic Devices: Cell Phones, iPads, headsets, Bluetooth items, etc.
- Sharp Objects: Pocket knives, manicure scissors and files, ink pens, etc.
- Lighters, matches, vapes, cigarettes or other tobacco products
Due to the nature of our facility and the age of our residents we have implemented a dress code for guests. Failure to follow the dress code will result in denial of entry.
The following clothing and accessories are prohibited:
- Purses, book sacks, fanny packs, etc.
- Ripped or frayed jeans
- Short shorts or skirts
- Tank tops, crop tops, spaghetti strap shirts, and low-necklines
- Clothing containing gang markings, vulgar or obscene graphics, or brands associated with the use or promotion of drugs or alcohol
Additional Security Procedures:
Tobacco & Drug-Free Facility:
The Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center is a tobacco and drug-free facility. The use of all tobacco products, electronic vapes, controlled substances, etc. is prohibited. Guests in violation of this policy will be asked to leave and/or reported to the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office.
Vehicles must be locked, with all windows, doors, and truck spaces securely closed, when unoccupied. Visitors will be allowed to safely store all vehicle keys inside the facility.
No purses or bags of any type are allowed in the secure area of the facility. Store all personal items in a vehicle prior to entry unless otherwise approved by a member of our security staff.